Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Was Zippy Zapped!

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is having fun watching March Madness (if you are into that sort of thing). I for one only watch college basketball during this time--and sometimes not even at all. For some reason I have been pretty into this years NCAA Tournament.  Maybe it is because I have around eight brackets filled out in various pools, or maybe it is just because there are no other sporting events on that I am really interested in--minus Flyers hockey.

I had a great surprise when I checked the mail the other day.  Kenny (aka Zippy Zappy) from Cervin' Up Cards sent me a package with some sweet Halladays for my PC.  
First up are a couple of shiny cards, with 2013 Prizm and Finest.  The greatest part of the Finest card is the throwback Phillies uniform that Roy is in.  There is something endearing about the light blue and maroon colors.
This insert from 2013 Topps depicts what is probably the most iconic image of Roy as a Phillies player--the scene right after Roy threw his post-season no-hitter against the Reds. It must be one of Roy's favorite pictures, too, as it is the one he currently uses on his Twitter account.
Kenny also sent me the two cards above I do not have, so I was especially thankful to get these 2014 Halladays.
My favorite card, however, is this 2011 Triple Threads base, out of 1500.  It's been well documented that I am trying to collect as many of these as possible, so every new one I get is a huge hit for me!  

Thanks so much, Kenny!  I hope to return the favor soon. Here's hoping I hit some Jagielo cards for you!

1 comment: