Saturday, April 26, 2014

Meet the Mets

When I was a kid, before I knew any better, I thought it was "cool" to root for some teams.  One of these teams was the Mets.  I have a picture of me at the Hall of Fame and I'm wearing a Mets hat.  I was twelve. I also used to wear an A's hat often, too.  I guess I liked the colors?  I was a big Jose Canseco fan, though. In fact, Jose Canseco was my first PC before I even knew what a PC was.  That's the reason I have so many Canseco cards in my collection even today.  I never got rid of any and that includes some rare ones.  Maybe some day I will do a blog post on them.

But for now, as the title says, let's meet the Mets.  I was in a 2014 Topps Museum Collection group break a few weeks ago and I scored the Mets in the random.  I am going to assume everyone has seen Museum Collection cards.  They are gorgeous, no matter what team.
First up, a Zack Wheeler on card auto.  I consider any on card auto in a Topps product to be a great thing, considering how many sticker autos seem to come out of the boxes.
Next up is this nice Canvas Collection card of Tom Seaver. Some of these cards are actually sketched and are one of ones.  Not this one, though.
 Even the base cards in this set are really nice looking.  I got not one, but two Travis d'Arnaud base cards.
This is a jumbo patch of Kirk Nieuwenhuis from a St. Patty's Day uniform.  It's either that, or an Athletics patch put on the wrong card.
Here's a really nice two color quad patch of Matt Harvey.  I am hoping Harvey comes back strong next year and I can turn this around for a few dollars.
This is the third Travis d'Arnaud card I got, but certainly the best.  A three color dual patch auto card.  And there's that green again...along with a sticker auto.
Last but not least are these two baby faced Nolan Ryan cards.  The left is a base and the right is a sepia parallel.  Again, just beautiful cards.

So now you've met the Mets I got in the break.  It was a fun one!


1 comment: