Friday, June 13, 2014

Bowman, Trinity, and Lots of Roys

Where the heck have you all been? Where the heck have I been?  It's been too long since I've blogged!

Well, where I've been in working like crazy, playing fastpitch softball four nights a week, doing CrossFit the other nights, and then finding time to sleep somewhere in there.  Through all that, I haven't let up on collecting one bit.  I just haven't been blogging about what I've hit.

I have gotten some really, really nice hits from group breaks this past month.  I also bought a personal box of Bowman which didn't yield much of anything, sans for an auto of Cardinals prospect Mike Mayers, and a Chris Sale red ice, numbered to 25.


Another break I was in was 2014 Topps Tier One.  What a beautiful product this is...probably my favorite Topps product after Allen & Ginter and Museum Collection.  The team I got in the random group break was the Milwaukee Brewers.  Maybe I'd hit a Robin Yount or something?

Or maybe I hit a Tyler Thornburg on card auto, numbered to /399.  Underwhelming, but still a nice card.
In case you were always were wondering how many Roy Halladay parallels came out of ten cases of 2014 Bowman, here is your answer: five.
I bought into the break for seven dollars. It was from Rockledge Sports, and they were busting ten cases of Bowman and auctioning players from the cases on eBay.  Of course I had to go for Roy Halladay!  Maybe I'd get the super?  No, but I did get seventy two base cards.  Anyone need one, or five?
One of the more recent breaks I was in was Leaf Trinity football.  Trinity football mimics Trinity baseball in look and design.  Trinity is easily my favorite product of the year, both football and baseball.  I got the Tennessee Titans in the random.
 First up is a Bishop Sankey Pure Glass auto.
Taylor Lewan already misses Ann Arbor, Michigan.  We know this because he tells us on this inscription/signature card, numbered  35/35.
Last up is this Pure autograph card of quarterback Zach Mettenberger.  To redeem or to sell, that is the question...

The National is coming up fast, and I am very excited about it!  Is anyone else heading out to Cleveland for this year's show?

No comments:

Post a Comment