Friday, May 16, 2014

Breaking Bowman

Hi everyone.  I've been in many 2014 Bowman group breaks in the past few weeks and I wanted to show some of my better cards.

First, I will show the best hit of them all (for my PC, of course).
I'm partial to 2014 Roy Halladay cards, and I'd like to acquire as many numbered blue borders as possible of Roy in the 2014 Bowman product.
The Giants were one team I purchased in a break.  Here is a Kyle Crick mini refractor and an orange Marco Scutaro (even though it isn't Scutaro in the picture on the card).  It's numbered to 250.
I also purchased the Brewers in a Bowman break.  This worked out pretty well for me, as I got some nice cards, including this Orlando Arcia numbered to 75.  .
I got two colored "wave" minis.  The orange is numbered to 50, and the blue is numbered to 250. I really love the orange and blue wave cards. So sharp
Lucky me, I got some Brewer prospect ink.  Here is a Tucker Neuhaus base chrome auto.
One of the nicer draws from my group breaks was this Michael Ratterree red parallel, numbered 1/5!
The George Springer mini and Jose Abreu base cards are from a retail box that I busted a few days ago. Those are the two best cards I managed to pull out of those packs.
Also out of those retail packs came purple parallel cards, only found in retail. In this case it was Wal-Mart, but I remember in past years Toy's R Us had the purple cards, and Wal-Mart had the blue bordered ones.
Speaking of blue bordered cards, the two above were pulled from group breaks and retail.
More mininess.
Throwback sparkle cards of Travis d'Arnaud and the great Paul Molitor.

I've been going back and forth over whether to buy a hobby box of Bowman this year.  The product is yielding some really nice cards.

It's been a very busy month for me, hence not much blog posting.  One cool thing I did was go to the Phillies game with my friends from Layton Sports Cards on Tuesday, May 13.  I saw Cliff Lee pitch and the Phillies lose to the Angels.  The support for Mike Trout in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area is remarkable. As I am sure most of you know, Trout is known as the "Millville Meteor," with Millville being the town he grew up in in South Jersey.  There were thousands of New Jersey fans at the game, many who had Trout Angels jerseys or shirts on, or even a Trout high school jersey.  When Trout got up for the first time, he received a bigger applause than any of the hometown Phillies.  Needless to say, he has many fans at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment