Friday, November 28, 2014

Catching Up on Black Friday!

Hi all. No, the blog is not dead. It's just hard to get to these days. As usual, when I get cards to show off I usually tweet them because it's faster that way!  Regardless, here are some cards I have gotten over the past month and a half or so.  All of these were obtained through group breaks at Layton Sports Cards.  

I need to get a big thank you out first. I have been terrible at checking my collector email and getting back to people.  Jeff from 2x3 Heroes has sent me several cards for my Phillies collection over the past few months. I had the opportunity to meet Jeff at the National and hope to see you again this August! I promise I have some things coming your way...

I always seem to get the White Sox in baseball breaks. For this rookie class, that is a good thing. Whenever there is an Inception break (football or baseball) I try to get in it. Inception is my favorite product that Topps makes.  

This gold Jose Abreu numbered 99/99 is the nicest Inception hit I've gotten yet, in either sport. I suppose it is an "ebay 1/1," due to the numbering. Given that Abreu's values will most likely be decreasing as his rookie appeal wanes, this one is going on sale very soon.
I haven't fared as well with teams in Inception football.  The nicest hit of the past few breaks was this Kelvin Benjamin three color patch numbered 17/75.  The card would have been much more valuable if there was ink on it, but you can't win 'em all!  The Panthers surely know that.
I thought that since Valor looked a lot like Inception I would like them too, but the product, while nice looking, is weak.  If you look below at the card in the middle--the Devonte Freeman jersey, the size of the jersey piece is ridiculously tiny.  Not Topps' best effort.  I still like the design, but I realized that even though they have that look the fact that the cards are paper thin make a huge difference.  Inception cards are on very heavy stock, and that makes them much more substantial.
Oh, thought I'd throw in this picture of the White House at night. I went to DC for a conference a few weeks ago and snapped this picture.  Even though I live only an hour from DC, I never do the "tourist" things.  So I felt that since I was there I should take advantage!
Needless to say, I am glad I did go.  Looking at the fence I don't know how anyone could scale it, though.  I didn't try.
Above are a few 2014 Bowman Platinum cards I pulled from a retail blaster I bought. I have hundreds of BP base, so if anyone needs anything maybe we can work out a deal.
Skipping all around, I got the Bills in a group break recently, where LSC was busing Topps Finest.  I got several Sammy Watkins base rookies which I sold in a lot.
Remember I said I got the White Sox often?  Well, above is another example of something I scored in a 2014 Supreme break.
Here were two Inception White Sox from another break.
Just for good measure, here's two more!
And now for a pick your team style break, where I chose the Ravens.  I player collect Joe Flacco, and I used to player collect Ray Rice. I have no idea what I am going to do with his cards.
Here's a Jamal Lewis game used jersey...
And finally some cards I got from a 2014 Leaf Metal Draft baseball guaranteed hit break.  The players I hit, while they are no names, are actually pretty good.
Especially this Top Picks of Alex Jackson, who was the 6th pick in the draft.  He is an outfielder who was drafted by the Mariners.  This card is numbered to ten.

I went a little nuts today with it being Black Friday, and the deals being too good to pass up! I got a box of 2014 Topps mini baseball for 24.99 (with a free shipping code), and I also got a steal on a case of 2012 Topps Baseball Value boxes, where I'll get sixteen boxes with five packs of Series 1 and two hobby packs of 2012 Heritage, plus a chrome card.  I cannot wait to rip some wax!

Thanks everyone for reading! If you are into group breaks, or just want to try one out, check out Layton Sports Cards.  Until midnight tonight use code BLACKFRIDAY for 30% off any pick your team style break!  After tonight use LSC10 for 10% off any pick your team style break.

2 comments:

  1. If you're trading the Lindgren autograph I'd love a shot at it.

    Looks like you had some nice group breaks. That Jackson is especially sweet. Although you may want to move it before logo'd certified autographs hit the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some of that $25.00 Topps Mini Baseball, but I wasn't aware of the free shipping code. Oh well, it was still a good deal even with the extra $8 tacked on.

    ReplyDelete