Sunday, November 30, 2014

Inception Inspection

I mentioned in the last post how much I like Topps Inception cards, no matter if they are football or baseball.  The Inception breaks are usually pretty affordable, and they yield nice, thick stock, usually on card autograph cards. Plus, the patches are usually pretty substantial in the product, and there are a lot of two, three, and even four color patches.

The cards I got in the mail the other day were from a random team style break at Layton Sports Cards. I got a "combo-team," the Bengals and the Falcons. Sometimes people think that getting a combo-team is a kiss of death in a break, but I have actually had a lot of luck with it, and I have seen a lot of awesome pulls for combos.  The truth is none of us truly know what is going to come out of a case, or a box.  That's all part of the fun!

So, on to the cards.

The two base cards I hit were AJ Green and Julio Jones. Both had decent games today.
I also hit a parallel Julio Jones, numbered to 75.
Two very nice hits came my way.  The Freeman card is actually a two color patch auto, even though the two color is a little hard to see.  The Jeremy Hill is a three color patch, which is numbered to 50. The patch is cool because you can tell hit came from the outside of one of the double zeros.
I saved the best hit for last. This is a very nice on card auto of AJ McCarron, numbered to 25!  I don't think McCarron has seen the field this season, and I am not sure he will in Cincinnati as long as Andy Dalton is there.  Although, if Dalton keeps throwing picks like he did today, McCarron could get a shot.

2 comments: