Saturday, January 10, 2015

Checking In

You might have noticed (or maybe not) that I have been contributing to Cardboard Connection over the past few months.  The articles I write there are not unlike the ones that have appeared, or will appear, on this blog.  They just happen to reach a much larger audience.  While most of the posts on Cardboard Connection are informative in nature (in terms of products, hobby news, etc.), my posts are more opinion and story based.

I have to say it is awesome to be able to write about the hobby on a bigger stage.  I was an English major and a journalism minor in college, and while it is not my full time career, writing is still something I love. So, to be able to write on a larger scale about one of my favorite things in the world is pretty awesome, and I am grateful for the opportunity.

As for my personal collecting, I haven't been as active over the past few weeks due to the holidays, but I am really starting to get an itch to rip some wax.  I have participated in a few group breaks over the past few weeks, but they haven't yielded anything to write home about.  A trip to Target or Wal-Mart might be in my future, as I need a quick fix. 

One thing I am really looking forward to is happening at Crackin' Wax on January 17th...and it's the Ladies Night Break hosted by @LiteralQuirk.  I love the concept and also the fact that a percentage of the funds will be donated to charity. If you want to get involved, (guys or gals!), there are only four teams left as of this writing, so hurry!

Other than that, I am really looking forward to the Ravens vs. Patriots game today.  I honestly have no "feeling" about this game, but I hope it is competitive, and that my boy Joe Flacco continues his postseason supremacy!  

Follow me on Twitter if you don't already: @FunnerHere.






No comments:

Post a Comment